Naturopathic Medicine is a holistic approach to health and healing. It integrates standard medical diagnostics with a range of natural therapies to help you achieve optimal health.
Dr. Tamara Vesich, ND uses the following modalities to tailor treatment plans to your individual needs:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Acupuncture Homeopathy
- Botanical Medicine
- Diet and Lifestyle Counseling
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
Naturopathic treatments take into account the physical, mental and spiritual factors that can affect your health. Naturopathy addresses not only the symptoms of an illness, but also the root cause.
Book your appointment now and find out how you can benefit from Naturopathic Medicine!
We are pleased to offer complimentary 15 minute consultations.
More on Naturopathic Medicine:
- Naturopathic Doctors are highly educated primary care providers who integrate standard medical diagnostics with a broad range of natural therapies
- Work in partnership with other regulated health care practitioners and Medical Doctors to ensure the most comprehensive and effective care possible
- Provide health awareness, emphasis on preventative care and health promotion
- Focus is on identifying triggers, understanding the root cause of health issues and providing patients with individual treatment plans that address each person’s unique needs
- Individual treatment plans address all determinants of health
- Treatments recommended are largely evidence based
- Family based practice, special focus on women’s health issues, infertility, pediatrics, digestive issues, weight loss and metabolic syndrome
- Careful assessment is made after reviewing each patient’s diet diary. Assess for food intolerances, nutritional deficiencies, dietary imbalances and nutritional excesses.
- Appropriate dietary modification and supplementation are recommended to treat deficiencies and improve overall health. Intramuscular injections of B12 and Folic Acid when indicated
- Naturopathic doctors are currently the only health care providers in Canada licensed for the use of botanical medicine. They are further trained and aware of herb-drug interactions and contraindications.
- The historical uses of herbs which often incorporate the energetic qualities are taken into account as well as strong emphasis is placed on the scientific evidence which modern science presents on the therapeutic effectiveness Medicinal plants are prescribed in the forms of teas, tinctures or capsules to treat health conditions, and promote healing in the body.
Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
- The use of Eastern Herbs and acupuncture to assist the body in regulating balance
- Acupuncture is the use of very thin needles which are inserted into specific meridian points.
- The practice of acupuncture has been around for over two thousand years and has been proven effective especially for pain relief, chronic illness and cases of infertility
Prevention and Lifestyle Counselling
- Identifying and addressing the impact that stress and life events have on the patient’s health are an important aspect of treatment
- Implement healthy coping mechanisms
- Counsel patients on diet, lifestyle, specific stressors, exercise, occupational or environmental hazards
- Explore and address emotional and mental determinants of health
- Treatments include soft tissue work (including therapeutic massage)
- Chiropractic Manipulation
- Hydrotherapy techniques
- Gentle electrical impulses, ultrasound, diathermy and exercise therapy
- Used to match the patient’s symptom picture and presentation in order to affect the body’s “vital force” and to stimulate the body’s innate healing forces on the both physical and emotional levels, with few side effects.
First Line Therapy: Therapeutic Lifestyle Change Program
- Program designed to promote healthy body composition
- A system that targets the underlying causes of chronic illness by incorporating a sensible eating plan, exercise, nutritional supplementation and stress management.
- Program demonstrated to be effective in human clinical studies
- Uses Bio Impedance Analysis technology to assess body composition and track progress
Who can benefit most from this program?
- Conditions related to obesity
- Metabolic Syndrome patients
- Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and insulin resistance
- Patients with Elevated Cholesterol, heart disease and high blood pressure
- Chronic fatigue
- Stress related disorders
Smoking Cessation program
- Incorporating the use of acupuncture, herbs, homeopathic remedies and councelling to minimize withdrawal symptoms and promote healthy lifestyle changes.
- Counseling patients on nutrition and lifestyle changes that promote breast health.
- Assisting Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the liver’s detoxifying functions through the use of vitamins, minerals and herbs to reduce the body’s toxic load
- Supporting optimal gut function and flora for proper elimination, digestion and absorption
Healthy and Active Metabolic Program
- Therapeutic nutritional program designed to optimize metabolism and loose weight
- Follows an extensive metabolic analysis (using results from 42 different blood values) and involves the blood group and data concerning eating habits and personal health.
- Individualized eating plans are created with the goal of optimizing metabolism.
- Bio Impedance Analysis to assess body composition and track progress
- Blood indices
- IgG and IgE food sensitivity testing
- Saliva hormone testing
- Urinary Thyroid testing
- Toxic element and mineral analysis using urine and/or hair
- Comprehensive stool analysis
- Nutrition testing, assessing for insufficiencies of certain essential fatty acids, vitamins minerals and amino acids
- A series of comprehensive tests available through genova diagnostics to assess: Digestive health, Cardiovascular health, Adrenal health, Detoxification, Oxidative stress, Genetic predispositions, Menopause, Heavy metal testing, Detoxification, Male hormones, Estrogen metabolism, Allergies, Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines, Growth hormones